The PSITE NCR community is invited to submit research papers for the Kaspersky Student Conference 2013! Registration for interested university and college students is ongoing. Submission of research papers is accepted until February 11, 2013. Meanwhile, notifications for participation in the regional round will be sent by February 18, 2013.
The competition is open to individuals and groups. For group submissions, only one representative will be sponsored (all-expenses paid travel and accommodation) to attend the conference.
This year’s Kaspersky Lab Student Conference will include the following topics:
1. Emerging threats for emerging platforms -Embedded systems, Mobile security (Android, IOS, Windows Phone), Windows 8, Mac OS & other operating systems, etc.
2. Securing cloud, virtual & ‘big data’ infrastructure, Mail services, Storage devices, Social networks, etc.
3. Future protection technologies – Proactive detection technologies, Filtering technologies, Web application security, etc.
4. Securing corporate infrastructure – Combating advanced persistent threats (APTS), targeted attacks, Vulnerabilities, exploits, Rootkits/bootkits, botnets, DDoS attacks
Network security, etc.
5. Security education – Tools and resources to raise and promote cybersecurity
The authors of selected papers will be invited to present and defend their respective works at the conference to be held on March 21-23, 2013 at the National University of Singapore, Republic of Singapore. Winners will receive cash prizes of up to US$1,000 and an invitation to attend the international final stage of the conference at the Royal Holloway, University of London in the United Kingdom in June 2013.
Research papers will be judged by respected members of Kaspersky Lab, academicians and information technology experts.
We strongly encourage your students to participate in the competition and represent not only their Alma Mater but also the country. Should you wish to know more about the competition, we are willing to discuss it further with you.
For more details about the conference, please click here: AP MEA Round 2013